Monday, September 26, 2011

The Future of Lena Land Books is Dependent on the Present Situation of the World


As a writer the world tends to be my muse, inspiring compassion, anger and truth seeking.  My latest books are inspired by my love for children and controversy. 
I am currently working on both adult and children’s fiction.  All in a Day’s Work will fall under fiction as a tragicomedy revolving around the daily grind of a Public Relations office in New York City.  The themes I am exploring in All in a Day’s Work are sexism, racism and classicism in the work place.  Each of these issues are relevant and a staple in today’s society.
On a lighter note, I just completed my fourth children’s book titled First Day of School Blues, which follows a little kid along the journey of the dreaded first day back to school or being in a new one .  My stories whether for children or adults are grounded in reality and based on everyday people.

2 comments:

  1. Big up, Lena. I love that you are grounded in community and reflective in your books. Is it more challenging writing books for children? Other than tone, what are some major differences?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kaya, sorry for the delay no one usually posts comments. Thank you for that! I think you also have to get into a child's mind because the words, emotions and characters all have to reflect the age that you are trying to bring attention to. Other than that as long as you are a child at heart, it is fun writing children's books.

    ReplyDelete